Sunday, October 20, 2019

Our Union - Wedding dinner


. Traditions, Culture, Customary .

Things became more complex and it was an union amongst four families, the female's maternal and paternal families, as well as, the male's paternal and maternal sides. By right, it was to cater to our both immediate families' wishes to do a 'Yum Seng' and by left, Han and I also enjoyed gatherings so that's it. Our close friends had a joyous time having fun and our families had nice bonding time. Both Han and I have big families on our paternal side so it was rather tedious to organise and plan those large numbers. Lucky we have a planner within the planning committee, aka me! Despite so, we already had our ROM done and dusted years ago so hosting this wedding dinner was more like doing the roller coaster the second time, knowing each drops and curves that were in for us. Looking back, the highlight of the event was definitely Han getting drunk! Can you believe it? I was the only one who stood in the line at the end of the evening to thank guests with our parents. Haha! The first three minutes, I was trying my best not to kick him in the butt whilst smiling sweetly to others. Holding onto his arm as he was drooped low low low. I gave up and let him staggering all around before giving the brothers group THE EYE - look out for him! He said he only remembered thanking three people and funnily, one of my uncles was also tipsy and both of them were like chatting like long lost friends, causing a traffic jam. I am hahaha-ing now as I typed but that evening, oh my, you can't even imagine. This wasn't even the highlight, apparently according to our friend who had a stayover with us at the connecting room, Han actually walked from our room over to theirs and into their wardrobe in search for the toilet bowl. Thank goodness, he still had some sense and eventually made his way to the actual bathroom. Amazingly, he woke up the next morning fresh and bright, not a hangover, just couldn't recall any of his drama. This man, who walked into my heart years back never fail to amaze me, day after day. A huge thank you for everyone who made this such a memorable day for us! 








































































.  T H E  E N D . 


No comments:

Post a Comment